Malacanang has just issued Procalamation No. 831, s. 2014. In it are all the regular holidays, special non-working days and special school holidays for 2015. With this list there will be at least eight long weekends.
Like for hiking it’s always best to prepare and plan ahead to make your trip a great and memorable one. Now that the holidays have been declared, the best time to plan is now!
Here are the lists of Holidays.
• New Year’s Day – January 1 (Thursday)
• Maundy Thursday – April 2
• Good Friday - April 3
• Araw ng Kagitingan – April 9 (Thursday)
• Labor Day - May 1 (Friday)
• Independence Day – June 12 (Friday)
• National Heroes Day – August 31 (Monday)
• Christmas Day – December 25 (Friday)
• Bonifacio Day - November 30 (Monday)
• Rizal Day -December 30 (Wednesday)
Special Non-Working Days
• January 2 (Friday)
• Chinese New Year – February 19 (Thursday)
• Black Saturday – April 4
• Ninoy Aquino Day – August 21 (Friday)
• All Saints Day - November 1 (Sunday)
• Christmas’ Eve- December 24 (Thursday)
• New Year’s Eve - December 31 (Thursday)
Special School Holidays
• EDSA Revolution Anniversary – February 25 (Wednesday)
List of long Weekends
• January 1-4, 2015 (New Year)
• April 2-5, 2015 (Holy Week)
• May 1-3, 2015 (Labor Day)
• June 12-14, 2015 (Independence Day)
• August 21-23, 2015 (Ninoy Aquino Day)
• August 29-31, 2015 (National Heroes Day)
• November 28-30, 2015 (Bonifacio Day)
• December 24-27, 2015 (Christmas)
• July 17-19, 2015 (pending proclamation. See details below)
According to Section 2, "The proclamations declaring national holidays for the observance of Eid’l Fitr and Eidul Adha shall hereafter be issued after the approximate dates of the Islamic holidays have been determined in accordance with the Islamic calendar (Hijra) or the lunar calendar, or upon Islamic astronomical calculations, whichever is possible or convenient. To this end, the National Commission on Muslim Filipinos (NCMF) shall inform the Office of the President on which days the holidays shall respectively fall".
• Eid'l Fitr - 17 July 2015
• Eidul Adha - 24 September 2015
written by Bianca Silva It’s funny how the Universe works and how we land in places we never thought to be. Accompanying my friend Russell on a project, eventually turned out to be an exciting collaboration with the community leaders of Sabangan.…
By traveling, we begin an unfolding of the pages in our own life’s novel. Every adventure is a new page that adds up to our grand narrative, and every page traverses a geography of insights that are oftentimes unknown to us, ever turning, we dog-ear…
Get exclusive updates!
Sign up now and Subscribe for FREE!
OUR PARTNERS IN GIVING YOU YOUR BEST POSSIBLE ADVENTURE