Only the first part of the trail is easy, after which the trek is pure and steep ascents.. The plains are usually burned during the summer months in kaingin (slash and burn). For those who haven’t been to Tarak Ridge since 2006, the typhoons of that year have damaged some sections of the trail, that holding on to roots and branches are needed in some parts. One of the stops is at Papaya River, where hikers can take a breather before continuing on to Tarak Ridge. It takes 2-3 hours from the Papaya River to reach the summit
- Hike up the highest mountain of the Bataan Province
- See an incredible view of the Manila Bay
- Pass through old growth forests and even swim in a river
- Roundtrip transportation via private vehicle: Manila-Bataan-Manila
- Registration fees, entrance fees and other applicable entrance fees
- Services of our Adventure Guides
- Local Guide fees
- Trail AdvenTours bag tag
- Porter fees (if requested by the participant)
- Tips and donations
02:30 AM Meet up and Registration at McDonald's El Pueblo, Ortigas.
03:00 AM Depart for Tarak Ridge.
06:30 AM Estimated Time of Arrival (ETA) Tarak Ridge Jump-off point.
06:45 AM Final preparation and orientation.
09:00 AM ETA Papaya river. Continue ascent.
01:00 PM ETA Tarak Ridge. Lunch and explore.
02:30 PM Start Descent.
06:30 PM ETA Jump off point. Wash up.
07:00 PM Start trek.
08:30 PM Depart for Manila.
11:30 PM ETA Manila.
|Trail Steepness||Very steep|
|Trail Exposure||Mostly covered except for the ridge|
|Mobile Signal||Present in most areas|
|Restroom/Toilet||Present at the jump-off point|
|Temperature||Cool in the morning. Humid the rest of the day|
|Insects||Bugs and mosquitoes|
|Wash Area at the Jump-off||Present|
- A change of clothes
- A good pair of trekking shoes
- Things for sun and rain Protection (e.g. Sunblock, raincoat, shades, cap)
- Water or other rehydration fluids(a minimum of 3liters/person is recommended)
- Snacks/Trail Food
- Packed lunch
- Personal Medications
- Trekking pole
- Extra plastic bags or dry bags for your dirty clothes
- Deposit slip and your remaining balance
10-12 people: Php 1,800.00/person
8-9 people: Php 2,200.00/person
6-7 people: Php 2,700.00/person
5 people: Php 3,200.00/person
Less than 4 people: Php 14,500.00
- Date: November 17 - December 4, 2022
- Package Rate: P105,000
- Duration: 18 days
- Difficulty: Advanced (7/10)
- Book a Private Hike