Bakun Trio is a three-in-one package, with each mountain offering different experiences and varying degrees of difficulty. But the beauty of the setting and the excitement on the trail are constant. Expect to traverse hanging bridges over raging rivers, see cascading waterfalls splashing down the verdant landscape, and even visit a sacred burial ground shrouded in mist. Of course, breathtaking views from each of the summits are mandatory.
At the end of each day-hike, you’ll be able to take a shower, eat a warm meal, and sleep on a good bed back at the Bakun poblacion. There’s nothing like a hot mug of chocolate in the chilly Cordillera air to cap off a day of adventure.
Did you know?
Mt. Kabunian is named after the highest deity on the Kankana-ey and Ibaloi pantheon of gods. Kabunian is the father of lesser gods and all of mankind.
- Roundtrip transfers via Bus: Manila-Baguio-Manila
- Roundtrip transfers via private jeepney: Baguio- Bakun-Baguio
- Three days/two nights homestay accommodations
- Registration fees, DENR fees and other applicable entrance fees
- Services of our Adventure Guides
- Local Guides Fees
- Meals (Day 1: Dinner, Day 2: Breakfast, lunch, and dinner, Day 3: Breakfast and lunch)
- Trail Adventours ID
- Porter fees (if needed by the participant)
- Meals (please see meals that are included and not included)
- Tips and donations
10:00 PM Depart for Baguio City. (Departure is the evening before the first day of the hike)
04:30 AM Estimated Time of Arrival (ETA) at Baguio. Short supply stop, board jeep and depart for Bakun.
06:30 AM Breakfast stop.
09:30 AM ETA at Mt. Lobo jump-off point. First and highest mountain in Bakun.
11:30 AM ETA at the Mt. Lobo Summit. Take lunch.
12:30 PM Start descent. Back to jump off point.
02:00 PM Arrive at jump off point. Proceed to Bakun Poblacion.
03:00 PM Arrive at Bakun Poblacion. Settle down and relax.
06:00 PM Dinner.
08:00 PM Lights off.
03:00 AM Wake up call and breakfast. (Your team leader may decide to start earlier or later depending on his/her assessment)
04:00 AM Start trek to Mt. Tenglawan.
05:30 AM Catch sunrise at ridge line.
11:00 AM ETA at Mt. Tenglawan Summit. Lunch.
12:30 PM Start descent.
05:00 PM ETA back at Poblacion.
07:00 PM Dinner.
08:00 PM Lights off.
03:00 AM Wake up call. Breakfast. (Your team leader may decide to start earlier or later depending on his/her assessment)
04:00 AM Start trek to Mt. Kabunian.
06:00 AM Arrival at Kabunian Marker.
08:30 AM ETA Summit of Mt. Kabunian.
09:15 AM Start descent.
11:30 AM Back at Poblacion.
12:00 PM Lunch and pack up.
01:30 PM Depart for Baguio.
06:30 PM ETA Baguio. Quick dinner.
10:00 PM ETD for Manila. (Arrival in Manila is 4 AM the next day)
|Trail Steepness||Moderate to steep|
|Trail Exposure||Mostly exposed|
|Mobile Signal||None in town. Sporadic at the mountains|
|Transportation||Public bus and private jeepney|
|Restroom/Toilet||Present in town|
|Temperature||Warm during the day. 15-20 degrees in the late evening and early morning|
|Accommodations||Homestay (common room)|
|Meals||Provided (please see meals that are provided and not provided)|
|Insects||Some bugs. Possible leeches in Mt. Tenglawan|
|Wash Area at the ju||Present|
- Clothes good enough for the trip (3 sets is recommended)
- A good pair of trekking shoes
- Jacket (Recommended to have 2 jackets a cotton/fleece jacket for the cold and a water proof jacket)
- Things for rain and sun protection (e.g. sunblock, raincoat, shades)
- Water and other rehydration fluids
- Snacks/ Trail Food
- Personal medications
- Toiletries (e.g. tissue, wet wipes, toothbrush,towel)
- Trekking pole
- Extra plastic and dry bags
- Deposit slip and your remaining balance
9-11 people - Php 6,500/person
7-8 people - Php 7,100/person
5-6 people - Php 7,900/person
3-4 people - Php 9,900/person
1-2 people - Php 27,000/person