OverviewRising 2956 Meters Above Sea Level, Mt. Apo stands as the highest mountain in the Philippines. Also considered the grandfather of Philippine mountains and a sacred place in local mythology, Mt. Apo is an important climb, especially for local mountaineers. Those seeking to experience its trails will also find themselves immersed in the rich culture of the people living at the foot of the mountain.
With its panoramic views and diverse scenery, Mt. Apo offers an adventure of a lifetime. The area features an array of landscapes, virgin forests, crags, rivers, lakes, mossy swamps, volcanic structures, and crater of sulphuric deposits.
Climbing the country’s summit is not to be taken lightly; the trail to the mountaintop is not advisable for beginners. It takes about three to four days for a hiker to reach the summit and get back to the plains. Yet, the sunrise at the highest point of the Philippines is truly a marvelous sight to behold.
Did you know?
Mt. Apo is the habitat of some of the rarest kinds of animals in the country. If you are lucky, you may even get a close encounter with the Philippine Eagle.
- Private vehicle (roundtrip): Davao City – Mt.Apo
- Camp Meals (Day 1: Dinner, Day 2 and Day 3: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, Day 4: Breakfast and Lunch)
- Tent accommodation (3 people/tent)
- Processing of permits
- Registration fees, DENR fees, and other applicable fees
- Adventure Guide/ Coordinator
- Local Guide
- Certificate of Conquest
- Trail Adventours ID
- Trail Adventours Shirt
- Roundtrip airfare
- Airport fees
- Meals outside the trek
- Personal expenses
01:00 AM Registration in Davao. We suggest arriving in Davao one day ahead.
01:30 AM Departure from Davao City to Mt. Apo jump-off point.
04:00 AM Estimated Time of Arrival (ETA) Kapatagan. Transfer vehicle.
05:30 AM ETA Jump-off point. Orientation. Start trek.
02:00 PM ETA Camp 1. Set up camp.
05:00 PM Early dinner. Early nights out for the summit assault the next day.
04:00 AM Wake up call and final preparation for the trek.
04:30 AM Start trek to summit. Sunrise at the summit. Breakfast. Explore the other peaks.
09:30 AM Start descent to Camp site.
11:30 AM Continue descent back to the campsite.
03:00 PM ETA campsite.
06:00 PM Early Dinner.
07:30 PM Lights out.
04:30 AM Wake up call. Breakfast.
06:00 AM Start descent. Descend on the same trail.
04:00 PM ETA jump-off point. Board vehicle back to Davao City.
08:00 PM ETA Davao City.
- Clothes good enough for the trip (Please take into account the shirt you will be receiving from Trail Adventours.)
- A good pair of trekking shoes
- Jacket (It is advised to have 2 jackets a cotton/fleece jacket for the cold and a water proof jacket for when you walk at the camp site.)
- Sleeping bag
- Rain and Sun Protection (Sun block, shades, rain coat etc.)
- Head Light
- Water or rehydration fluids
- Tupperware/ Eating utensils
- Snack/ Trail Food
- Trekking Pole
- Toiletries (tissue, wet wipes, tooth brush etc.)
- Personal medications
- Deposit slip and remaining balance
Please e-mail us at info@trailadventours for tent and sleeping bag rental.
3-4 persons= Php 11,100/person
5-7 persons= Php 9,600/person
8-10 persons= Php 8,800/person
11-13 persons= Php 8,000/person
14-16 persons= Php 7,200/person
*Php 1,000.00/person additional for non-Filipino citizen as implemented and collected by the DENR
- Date: November 27 - 30, 2020
- Package Rate: P39,800
- Duration: 4 days
- Difficulty: Advanced (7/10)
- Book a Private Hike