OverviewStretching from Cagayan to Quezon, Sierra Madre Mountain Range is truly the longest mountain range in the Philippines. The mountain range covers 10 provinces and stands proudlyat 6,069 feet. One of the main attractions in the mountain is Mt. Pinagbanderahan. Mt. Pinagbanderahan is one of the most conserved national parks of the country. It is a historical site that serves as a natural habitat for centuries-old trees and numerous unknown plant species. Furthermore, the mountain is also believed to be the place where the American and Japanese flags were hoisted in 1939.
Sierra Madre Mountain Range has a lot more to offer besides Mt. Pinagbanderahan. In the trail, you will have the chance to hike, explore a cave, eat local food, swim and jump from a waterfall. Bantakay Falls, one of the main attractions of the mountain range, flaunts of its clear and gushing waters that look like strands of straight hair when viewed from afar.All these fascinating natural works are possible to see because the trek is relatively an easy one and can be therefore recommended to beginners.
At the peak, enjoy a picturesque 360° view of Marinduque and Quezon. The trek to Mt. Sierra Madre will surely make you crave for more adventures with us. So why don’t you share life outdoors, Trail Adventours?
- Trek through the rainforest and emerge at the summit where the view of the Sierra Madre Mountain Range can be seen
- Pass through a cave with interesting rock formations
- Swim and even cliff jump at the Bantakay Waterfalls
- Roundtrip transportation via private vehicle: Manila-Atimonan-Manila
- Registration fees and other applicable entrance fees
- Services of our Adventure Guides
- Local Guide fees
- Trail Adventours bag tag
- Porter fees (if requested by the participant)
- Tips and donations
02:00 AM Meet up and Registration at McDonalds El Pueblo Ortigas.
02:30 AM Depart for Sierra Mader, Atimonan, Quezon.
06:30 AM Estimated Time of Arrival (ETA) at Sierra Madre Jump off point.
06:45 AM Final preparations and orientation.
07:00 AM Start Trek.
10:00 AM ETA Mt. Pinagbanderahan Peak. Picture Taking.
10:30 AM Start Descent.
11:00 AM Cave Connection.
12:00 PM ETA Jump-Off point. Lunch.
12:45 PM Proceed to Bantakay Falls Jump off point.
01:00 PM ETA Bantakay Falls Jump off point.
01:30 PM Start Trek.
03:30 PM ETA Bantakay Falls. Swim.
04:30 PM Start trek back to jump off point.
06:30 PM ETA jump off point. Wash Up.
07:30 PM Depart for Manila.
11:00 PM ETA Manila.
|Trail Exposure||Mostly covered|
|Mobile Signal||Weak and sporadic|
|Restroom/Toilet||Present at the jump-off point|
|Temperatures||Cool in the morning and humid in the afternoon|
|Special Equipment/Gear||Swimming attire|
|Wash area at the ju||Present|
- A change of clothes
- A good pair of trekking shoes
- Things for sun and rain Protection (e.g Sunblock, shades, cap, raincoat)
- Water and other rehydration fluids ( minimum of 2 litters/person is recommended)
- Snacks/Trail Food
- Personal medications
- Extra plastic bags or dry bags
- Trekking pole
- Deposit slip and your remaining balance
10-12 people: Php 2,300.00/person
8-9 people: Php 2,600.00/person
6-7 people: Php 3,200.00/person
5 people: Php 3,500.00/person
Less than 4 people: Php 15,500.00