OverviewTapulao, aptly called High Peak, is the tallest mountain in Zambales and in Central Luzon. Standing at 2,037 meters above sea level, it has one of highest elevation gains in the country (almost 1900m!). Hiking up Mt. Tapulao is a rewarding experience as it offers a diverse range of environs, from grasslands, to pines forests and mossy forests. Be awed with the views along the pine forest, which is relatively pristine and comparable to those found in the Cordilleras. Be amazed at the sea of
clouds during your summit assault!
Be prepared for a challenging two-day hike. The trail itself is not very steep (mining trucks used to go up the campsite in Tapulao) but the sheer distance of 18kms to the summit will test your mental strength. The temperature can range from hot in the lower parts to freezing near the campsite and summit. Truly, a challenge for every mountaineer out there.
- Roundtrip bus transportation: Manila-Iba, Zambales
- Chartered vehicle: Zambales-Mt. Tapulao
- Camp Meals (Day 1: Dinner. Day 2: Breakfast and Lunch)
- Registration fees, DENR fees, and other applicable fees
- Adventure Guides/Coordinator
- Local Guide fees
- Trail Adventours ID
- Trail Adventours Shirt
03:30 AM ETA Iba, Zambales. Early breakfast. Board jeepney.
05:30 AM ETA Jump off point. Orientation. Start trek.
09:30 AM Rock trail. first water source
01:00 PM Second water source. lunch.
04:30 PM Pine forest. Sunset viewing on the trails.
06:00 PM ETA ÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¬ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Â¹Ãƒâ€¦Ã¢â‚¬Å“BunkerÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢ÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¬ÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¾Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¢, Set camp.
07:00 PM Dinner.
09:00 PM Registration (Friday)
10:00 PM Depart for Iba, Zambales
01:00 AM ETA Manila
09:30 AM Start descent
05:00 PM ETA Jump off point. Tidy up. Board jeepney.
06:30 PM ETA Iba, Zambales. Dinner
08:00 PM Depart for Manila
- Clothes good enough for the trip
(Please take into account the shirt you will be receiving from Trail Adventours.)
- A good pair of trekking shoes
- Jacket (It is advised to have 2 jackets a cotton/fleece jacket for the cold and a water proof jacket for when you walk at the camp site.)
- Rain and Sun Protection (Sun block, shades, rain coat etc..)
- Head Light
- Water or rehydration fluids
- Tupperware/ Eating utensils
- Snack/ Trail Food
- Trekking Pole
- Toiletries (tissue, wet wipes, tooth brush etc.)
- Personal medications
- Deposit slip and remaining balance
- Book donation (optional. This is for our 1 Book Project. We prefer books for elementary students)
* Tents are needed. You have an option to rent from us or bring your own.
Please e-mail us at info@trailadventours for tent and sleeping bag rental.
- Date: November 17 - December 4, 2022
- Package Rate: P99,000
- Duration: 18 days
- Difficulty: Advanced (7/10)
- Book a Private Hike