OverviewMt. Mayon is one of the most remarkable mountain in the Philippines due to its perfect conical shape. There is only two mountains in the world that is renowned for this, Mt. Fuji in Japan being the other one. It is the perfect backdrop in the Bicol Peninsula of the Cagsawa Ruins. In fact, it is the most active volcano in the Philippines with no less than 46 volcanic activity occurring after 1814 after the eruption that killed thousands and resulted to Cagsawa ruins. Mayon is the central story in Bicol mythology and is regarded as a result of the undying love of the princess named Magayon and a warrior named Handiong. Mayon, just like Makiling and Arayat are feminine in legends whereas, Kanlaon and Apo were attributed to male deities.
The trek up Mayon is a breathtaking experience filled with an exciting adventure and the thrill that it can erupt anytime. The trek starts at the PHIVOLCS office in Tabaco, Albay and from then trekkers will enter a grassland and a ravine formed by an ancient lava flow and at the end is the first campsite. A striking view at the summit crater awaits including the view of Mt. Isarog, M.t Bulusan, Catanduanes and the bodies of water that surrounds the archipelago. It is one of the most popular climbing and tourist destination in the country.
- Roundtrip Bus Transportation: Manila-Legazpi
- Chartered Jeep Legazpi-Jump Off Point
- Registration Fees and Environmental Fees
- Adventure Guides/Coordinators
- Local Guide Fees
- Certificate of Conquest
- Trail Adventours Shirt
- Trail Adventours ID & lace
Additional Php 500.00 for camp meals (Day 1: Dinner, Day 2: Breakfast & Lunch)
04:45 AM ETA Legazpi; Breakfast/packed lunch/rest, last minute buying
06:30 AM ETD Jump-off point, Picture taking along the way
08:30 AM ETA Jump-off point
09:30 AM Start trek
01:30 PM ETA arrive at Camp 1 (set camp), Lunch, Socials
06:00 PM Registration
07:30 PM ETD Legazpi, Bicol
11:00 AM ETA Knife edge
12:00 PM start descent
05:00 PM ETA Camp1
08:00 PM ETA Jump off point / ETD Legazpi
08:45 PM ETA Legazpi
- Clothes good enough for the trip. Please take into account the shirt you will be receiving from Trail Adventours.
- Jacket- It is advised to have 2 jackets a cotton/fleece jacket for the cold and a water proof jacket for when you walk at the camp site.
- Rain, Sun and other cold Protection ( Raincoat, Sun Block, Cap, Shades, gloves, bonnet etc..)
- Head Light
- Eating Utensils/Tupperware
- Toiletries (tissue, wet wipes, tooth brush etc...)
- Personal Medicines