OverviewMt. Sipit Ulang which translates into "Crab's Claw" is another popular hiking destination in the Province of Rizal. During the morning a light mist envelopes the mountain making walking cool and refresshing. The trails of this hike are interesting and exciting as most of it are limestones that passes through beautiful rock formations and forests. Another exciting aspect of hiking Mt. Sipit Ulang is the short cave connection you pass through on your way to the summit in which one needs to crawl and scramble to get through. The mountain also has a stream which is most alive in times where there are rainy days.
As with most mountains situiated in the province of Rizal one is rewarded with a stunning view of the Sierra Madre Mountain range with Mt. Ayaas and Mt Binacayan rising with prominence amidst the other peaks. The summit also houses a unique rock formation in which one can take creative photos on.
A hike to Mt. Sipit Ulang is ideal for those starting out in their hiking and mountain climbing carerers as the trail is maneagable and offers a diversity of features that a first time will enjoy.
- Roundtrip transportation via private vehicle: Manila-Mt. Sipit Ulang, Rizal
- Registration, entrance and DENR fees
- Trail Adventours Adventure Guide/Coordinator
- Local Guide Fees
- Trail AdvenTours ID
03:00 AM Meet up and Registration at McDonald's El Pueblo, Ortigas.
03:30 AM Depart for Mt. Sipit Ulang, Rizal.
04:30 AM Estimated Time of Arrival (ETA) Mt. SipitUlang jump off point.
04:45 AM Final preparations and orientation.
05:00 AM Start trek.
06:00 AM ETA Cave trail.
09:30 AM ETA Summit area. Rock exploration.
10:30 AM Descend via circuit trail.
12:30 PM ETA jump off point. Lunch.
01:30 PM Depart for Payaran falls.
02:30 PM ETA Payaran Falls.
03:30 PM Depart back to jump off point.
05:00 PM ETA jump off point. Wash up.
05:30 PM Depart for Manila.
09:00 PM ETA Manila.
- Clothes good enough for the hike (change of clothes after the hike)
- A good pair of trekking shoes
- Sun and Rain Protection (Sun Block, rain coat, shades, cap etc..)
- Water or rehydration fluids(prescribed is 2-3L)
- Extra clothes and clothes for swimming
- Personal Medications
- Snacks (Trail Food)
- Headlamp/ Flashlight
- ?Remaining Balance and Deposit Slip
- Extra plastic
- Date: November 17 - December 4, 2022
- Package Rate: P99,000
- Duration: 18 days
- Difficulty: Advanced (7/10)
- Book a Private Hike