OverviewMt. Amuyao, standing at 2,200 meters above sea level, is one of the highest mountains in the country. It is a very challenging mountain, and therefore popular among seasoned mountaineers. Located in the Mountain Province in the Cordillera Region, Mt. Amuyao offers spectacular vistas of forests, surrounding mountains, and the world-famous rice terraces to those trekking to its peak. However, the journey to the top isn’t easy, so hiking experience—or at least great determination and preparation—is necessary before proceeding with the trip.
After reaching the peak, most hikers set up camp to prepare for the journey the next day. This is just the beginning of the adventure, however; on the way, trekkers will visit several villages, such as Pat-yay, Cambulo, and Batad. In the end, all the effort is worth it, for the dramatic landscape seen from the summit of Mt. Amuyao is reason alone to undertake this demanding climb.
- Roundtrip bus: Manila-Banaue
- Chartered Jeepney: Banaue-Mt.Amuyao
- Chartered Jeepney: Batad-Banaue
- Camp meals (Day 1: Dinner, Day 2: Breakfast, Lunch Dinner, Day 3: Breakfast and Lunch)
- Processing of permits
- Registration and other applicable Fees
- 1 night accommodation at Cambulo
- 1 night accommodation at Batad
- Adventure Guide/ Coordinator
- Local Guides
- Trail AdvenTours ID
- Certificate of Conquest
06:00 AM (Day 1) ETA Banaue. Breakfast. Depart for Barlig, Mountain Province. Breakfast and depart for Mt. Amuyao.
10:30 AM ETA Jump off point. Orientation. Start trek.
04:30 PM ETA Barlig view point. Continue ascent
05:30 PM ETA Summit. Camp. Dinner.
08:00 PM (Day 0) Meet up at Ohayami Bus Terminal, Lacson Ave., Metro Manila.
09:00 PM Depart for Banaue.
05:00 AM Wake up call. breakfast. Start traverse.
01:00 PM ETA Pat-yay Village. Lunch and rest. Continue trek.
06:00 PM ETA Cambulo Village. Dinner. Spend the night in Cambulo Village.
06:30 AM Wake up call. Breakfast. Start trek to Batad.
12:30 PM ETA Batad town. Head to Tappiyah falls. Swim and enjoy the falls.
02:00 PM Continue trek to Batad Town.
04:00 PM ETA Batad. Spend the night in Batad. Celebration!
08:00 AM Free time to enjoy Batad.
11:00 AM Lunch and depart to Batad view deck.
01:30 PM ETA Batad view deck. Board jeep to Banaue.
03:00 PM ETA Banaue. Souvenir buying and go around the town. Dinner.
07:00 PM Depart for Manila.
- Clothes good enough for the trip
- A good pair of trekking shoes
- Jacket (It is advised to have 2 jackets a cotton/fleece jacket for the cold and a water proof jacket for when you walk at the camp site.)
- Rain and Sun Protection (Sun block, shades, rain coat etc.)
- Head Light
- Water or rehydration fluids
- Tupperware/ Eating utensils
- Snack/ Trail Food
- Trekking Pole
- Toiletries (tissue, wet wipes, tooth brush etc.)
- Personal medications
- Deposit slip and remaining balance
* Tents are needed. You have an option to rent from us or bring your own.
Please e-mail us at info@trailadventours for tent and sleeping bag rental.