OverviewLocated in Southern Batangas, the peninsula known for its diving resorts in Anilao. Mt. Gulugod-Baboy provides outdoor enthusiasts a sidetrip from their diving escapades and is now a popular hiking destination. There are three peaks on the range and the third has a large, ancient tree known to hikers as the Gulugod-Baboy. From southeast to northwest, there is Gulugod-Baboy, Gitna and Pinagbanderahan.
At the peak, you will be mesmerized by the Janao Bay, Maribacan strait, a faint outline of distant Mindoro, Verde Island and Batangas Bay. Other exceptional scenery like the mountains of Lobo, Mt. Pinamucan, Mt. Maculot, Mt. Batulao, the city and port of Batangas and Tagaytay Highlands. Before heading back to Manila, enjoy the sand and sea to cool off from a tiring day.
Highlights- Hike through the forest and beautiful rolling hills
- Have a 360-degree view of the sea, and of nearby islands and mountains
- Swim in the pristine waters of Sombrero island and have fun under the sun
- Roundtrip transportation via private vehicle: Manila-Anilao, Batangas-Manila
- Roundtrip chartered boat ride: Anilao-Sumbrero Island-Anilao
- Registration fees and other applicable entrance fees
- Services of our Adventure Guides
- Local Guide fees
- Trail AdvenTours ID
- Porters (if needed by the participant)
- Meals and snacks
- Tips and donations
03:00 AM Meet up and Registration at McDonalds El Pueblo Ortigas.
03:30 AM Depart for Mt. Gulugud Baboy, Batangas.
06:30 AM Estimated Time of Arrival (ETA) at Mt. Gulugud-Baboy jump off point. Orientation and final preparations
06:45 AM Start Trek. Start with paved road
07:00 AM End of road trail. Continue ascent.
09:00 AM ETA Summit. Picture taking and time to relax.
10:00 AM Start descent to jump off point.
11:00 AM ETA jump off point. Head to Sumbrero Island.
11:30 AM ETA Sumbrero Island. Relax, swim and enjoy.
02:00 PM Depart back to jump off point.
02:30 PM Back at jump off point. Wash up.
03:30 PM Depart for Manila.
08:00 PM ETA Manila.
|Trail Exposure||Mostly exposed|
|Mobile Signal||Mostly present|
|Transportation||Private vehicles and boat|
|Water Source||Water and other beverages can be purchased along the trail|
|Restroom/Toilet||Present at the jump-off point|
|Special Equipment/Gear||Swimming attire|
|Insects||Some bugs and mosquitoes|
|Wash Area at the Jump-off||Present|
- A change of clothes
- A good pair of hiking shoes
- Things for rain and sun Protections (e.g. Sunblock, shades, cap, raincoat)
- Head Light
- Water and other rehydration fluids (we recommend a minimum of 2 litters/person)
- Snacks/Trail Food
- Personal Medication
- Trekking pole
- Swimming Attire
- Extra plastic bags or dry bags for your dirty clothes
- Deposit slip and your remaining balance
7 to 8 people - Php 2,750.00/person
5 to 6 people - Php 3,300.00/person
3 to 4 people - Php 4,900/person
2 people and below - Php 16,000.00 total