OverviewMt. Manabu is an ideal hiking destination, especially for beginners. Located in Sto. Tomas, Batangas, the name of this beautiful mountain is a portmanteau of the Tagalog phrase “Mataas na Bundok,” which means “a mountain that is high.” Mt. Manabu’s name suits it perfectly because the higher parts of the mountain are usually covered in clouds.
The easy access to the peak as well as the short distance makes this trek ideal for beginners. The mountain is relatively easy, leaving you more time to enjoy the sights along the way. A white cross atop the peak marks the highest point of the mountain, and trekkers will find that the area resembles a park.
Along the way to the summit, several stations are available for stops or camping. The easy traverse has its trails covered by forests and interesting vegetation. It also passes through local residences that offer fruits, vegetables, and locally grown coffee for sale.
- Hike through the forest and up to the summit
- Have local coffee with one of the locals along the trail
- Roundtrip transportation via private vehicle: Manila-Sto.Tomas, Batangas-Manilla
- Registration fee and other applicable entrance fees
- Services of our Adventure Guides
- Local Guide fees
- Trail Adventours bag tag
- Porter fees (if needed by the participant)
- Tips and donations
04:00 AM Meet up and registration at McDonald's El Pueblo, Ortigas.
04:30 AM Estimated Time of Departure (ETD) Mt. Manabu, Batangas.
06:15 AM Estimated Time of Arrival (ETA) at Jump off point. Final preparation and orientation.
06:30 AM Start trek
07:30 AM ETA Mang Piryings hut. Snack stop and possible purchasing of vegetables and coffee.
09:30 AM ETA Summit (Lunch).
10:30 AM Start Descent.
12:30 PM ETA at jump off point. Wash up.
02:00 PM ETD for Manila.
05:00 PM ETA Manila
|Trail Steepness||Moderate to steep|
|Trail Exposure||Mostly covered|
|Water Source||Water and other beverages can be purchased at the jump-off point|
|Restroom/Toilet||Present at the Jump-offpoint|
|River/Water Crossing||Will cross a small stream|
|Insects||Some bugs and mosquitos|
|Wash Area at the Jump-off||Present|
- A change of clothes
- A good pair of trekking shoes
- Things for rain and sun protection (e.g. Sunblock, shades, raincoat)
- Head Light
- Water or other rehydration fluids (we recommend a minimum of 2 litters/person)
- Snacks/ Trail Food
- Packed Lunch
- Personal medications
- Toiletries (tissues, towel)
- Trekking poles
- Deposit slip and your remaining balance
10-12 people: Php 1,700.00/person
8-9 people: Php 2,000.00/person
6-7 people: Php 2,500.00/person
5 people: Php 2,800.00/person
Less than 4 people: Php 13,500.00