OverviewIf you want to try a day hike away from Manila’s heat, Mt. Ulap will suit you well. Situated in Itogon, Benguet, this mountain is known for its scenic view of the Cordilleras while trekking the grassland and pine tree ridges. If lucky with good weather, one can even see Mt. Arayat, Mt. Ugo and Mt. Pulag.
There are 3 peaks in this destination. First is Ambanao Paoay Peak where hikers are welcomed with Pine trees and occasional crows. Second is Gungal peak which is popular for the big Gungal Rock were taking photos is a must. Third is Mt. Ulap with a height of 1,846 masl.
On your way down, 3 Pong-Ol burial caves of the local’s ancestors can be visited. Sacred to the locals, Pong-Ol are venues where the Igorots practice their canao or feast.
- Roundtrip bus transportation: Manila-Baguio
- Roundtrip Chartered Jeepney: Baguio-Mt.Ulap
- Registration fees, environmental and cultural fees
- Adventure Guide/ Coordinator
- Local Guide Fees
- Trail Adventours ID
09:00 PM Meetup at Victory Liner Pasay
10:00 PM Depart for Baguio
04:00 AM Arrival in Baguio. Depart for Mt. Ulap, Early breakfast along the way.
05:00 AM Arrival at Mt. Ulap. Orientation and final reminders. Start trek.
07:30 AM Gungol Rock. Proceed to the summit.
09:00 AM Reach Summit. Early lunch.
10:00 AM Start descent.
02:00 PM End of the trek. Take Fx back to DENR.
03:30 PM ETA DENR. Wash up
04:30 PM Depart for Baguio.
05:30 PM ETA Baguio.
09:00 PM Depart for Manila
- Deposit slip and remaining balance
- A good pair of trekking shoes
- Sun and Rain Protection (Sun Block, rain coat, shades, cap etc..)
- Water or rehydration fluids(prescribed is 3L)
- Personal Medications
- Packed lunch
- Snacks (Trail Food)
- Headlamp/ Flashlight
- Extra plastic
- Change of clothes
- Trek pole *optional
- Date: November 17 - December 4, 2022
- Package Rate: P99,000
- Duration: 18 days
- Difficulty: Advanced (7/10)
- Book a Private Hike